We are thrilled about our upcoming Spring charity event! Rave will be hosting a team bowling competition on May 14th. We’ll spare you the bowling puns - the goal of this event is to raise money for the First Responders Children’s Foundation, a great charity that helps the families of first responders that have fallen or have been injured in the line of duty.
About the Charity: FRCF
The First Responders Children’s Foundation (FRCF) is committed to ensuring that the children of first responders receive the resources necessary to help them thrive and become the heroes of tomorrow. The foundation dedicates itself to providing critical and holistic support to the families of first responders. They provide families of first responders with the care and comfort they need.
Understanding the sacrifice first responder families make to ensure our safety, FRCF provides strategic support through scholarships and grants, while hosting family-friendly events to help establish support networks for first responder families nationwide.
Every year, an average of 200 first responders perish from fatal occupational injuries, and thousands become permanently disabled, rendering them unable to provide for their families. Since 2006, FRCF has awarded more than $780,000 to first responder families and departments across 37 states. 83% of the organization’s donations go directly to the program. The goal of First Responders Children’s Foundation is to be the support system to help children of first responders in need and to fill the gaps when a tragedy strikes.
Supporting a cause like this is right up Rave’s alley. Check out how our event will contribute to FRCF’s mission.
Our New England area Ravers are ready to get their bowling shoes on to support FRCF! Two of Rave's core values are to treat others as you want to be treated, and to have fun. We're excited to be combining both at our 2019 spring charity event.
There are two ways that our Ravers are aiming to win. Teams will be competing for the highest score of the night, as well as which team can raise the most money for FRCF. The winnings teams will be rewarded with bragging rights around the office.
The money Rave raises for FRCF from this event will go towards:
- College Scholarships – Scholarships recognize ﬁnancial need, academic merit and other achievements. FRCF values leadership in volunteering to beneﬁt the community and outstanding performance in sports or the arts.
- Grants - Emergency grants support children who have endured ﬁnancial stresses as a result of their ﬁrst responder parents who in the line of duty have lost their lives or sustained serious injuries that prevent them from working
- Industry Grants - FRCF supports, promotes, and facilitates educational activities or programs, run by entities aﬃliated with law enforcement or ﬁre departments, which educate and beneﬁt children in their communities
- FRCF Events - Annually FRCF host ﬁrst responders' families for a hot breakfast and an up-close view of the famed Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York, NY.
- FRCF supports, promotes, and facilitates educational activities or programs, run by entities aﬃliated with law enforcement or ﬁre, which educate and beneﬁt children in their communities.
You can join in too! There are two ways that anyone can join the Rave team by donating:
Per pin knocked down - Your total contribution will be determined by the number of pins knocked down recorded during the event. We've estimated a total of 500 pins knocked down.
One-time donation - Your donation will be immediate and is not affected by the number of pins knocked down recorded during this campaign.
Teams are competing to raise the most money. You can pick a team or contribute to the overall Bowling for FRCF donation collection. Check out our awesome teams like Gutter Girls, Split Personalities, or Roll Models!
This is a great cause worth spreading. Ravers are beyond proud to be contributing to FRFC’s mission. We hope you’ll join us in supporting the First Responders Children’s Foundation and the kids who could really use our support. Help us reach our goal of donating $2000 to FRCF!
you may also like
School Safety and Mental Health Training Go Hand-in-Hand
October 10, 2019
In May of 2018, an armed assailant entered Santa Fe High School in Santa Fe, Texas, killing 10 students and leaving 10 more wounded. This mass shooting was the latest in a...