Effective Date: December 30, 2021
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information We Collect
- Our Legal Basis for Collecting Personal Data
- Information We Share
- Consequences of Your Failure to Provide Personal Data
- Our Retention of Your Personal Data
- Your Choices Regarding Accessing, Updating or Deleting Your Personal Data
- Our Opt-in/Opt-out Policy
- Third-Party Links
- International Transfer
- How We Protect Personal Data
- Direct Marketing and “Do Not Track” Signals
- Rights of California Residents
- How to Contact Us
Information We Collect
We collect information, including Personal Data, to provide better services to all our Users. We use the term “Personal Data” to refer to any information that identifies or can be used to identify you. Common examples of Personal Data we may collect include first and last name, address, business email address, organization name, phone number, and digital identity such as a login name or handle and certain metadata
“Sensitive Personal Data” refers to a smaller subset of personal data which is considered more sensitive to the individual, such as race and ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, genetic or biometric information, physical or mental health information, medical insurance data, and sexual orientation. Rave Mobile Safety does not collect or use Sensitive Personal Data through these Sites and asks that you do not provide Sensitive Personal Data to us.
We collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- Information You Provide to Us
You may choose to provide us with Personal Data about yourself, including but not limited to your name, organization, phone number and email address, by completing forms on our website, such as when you request information about our Services. You may also provide us with Personal Data about yourself when your report a problem or have a question about our Sites or Services. When using our Services, you may provide us with information sent between you and individuals authorized to administer our Services. This information may include location and address information you elect to share with the Services. Please note that if you do not provide us with Personal Data, your ability to use certain aspects of our Sites may be limited.
- Information We Obtain from Your Use of Our Sites
We collect certain information automatically, such as your operating system version, browser type, and internet service provider. When you use our Sites, we automatically collect and store this information in service logs. This includes details of how you used our Sites; Internet protocol address; and cookies that uniquely identify your browser. We may also collect and process information about your actual location. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may or may not include Personal Data, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit one of our Sites, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. This information is anonymous. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with Sites from our partners, such as advertising Sites. Our third-party advertising and analytics partners include Google as well as marketing automation, in-page analytics, and Search Engine Optimization tools. This information does not contain your name, address, telephone number or addresses.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Web Beacons. Pages of our Sites or our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Information We Collect
We use your Personal Data in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or authorized by you, including the following:
- To inform you about Services available from Rave Mobile Safety and to provide you with our Services;
- To administer content, promotion, survey or other Sites features;
- To communicate about, and administer your participation in surveys, special programs, offers or promotions and to deliver pertinent emails;
- To improve our customer service;
- To respond to and support customers regarding their use of the Sites;
- To comply with applicable legal requirements; and
We also use the information we collect from our Sites to provide, maintain, and improve them, to develop new services, and to protect our company and our customers.
We may use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our Services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our Services appear in the language you prefer. We may use your personal information to see which web pages you visit at our Site, which website you visited before coming to our Sites, and where you go after you leave our Sites. We may then develop statistics that help us understand how our visitors use our Sites and how to improve them. We may also use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Our Legal Basis for Collecting Personal Data
Whenever we collect Personal Data from you, we may do so on the following legal bases:
- Your consent to such collection and use;
- Out of necessity for the performance of an agreement between us and you, such as your agreement to use our Services and products;
- Our legitimate business interest, including but not limited to the following circumstances where collecting or using Personal Data is necessary for:
- Intra-company transfers of customer data for administrative purposes;
- Product development and enhancement, where the processing enables Rave Mobile Safety to enhance, modify, personalize, or otherwise improve our Services and communications for the benefit of our customers, and to better understand how people interact with our Sites;
- Communications and marketing, including processing data for direct marketing purposes, and subject to your opt-in for these purposes, and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising;
- Fraud detection and prevention;
- Enhancement of our cybersecurity, including improving the security of our network and information systems; and
- General business operations and diligence;
provided that, in each circumstance, we will weigh the necessity of our processing for the purpose against your privacy and confidentiality interests, including taking into account your reasonable expectations, the impact of processing, and any safeguards which are or could be put in place to protect your privacy. In all circumstances, we will limit such processing for our legitimate business interest to what is necessary for its purposes.
Information We Share
We do not share personal information collected through these Sites with companies, organizations or individuals outside of our company unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We may share Personal Data with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Rave Mobile Safety when we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons.We will share Personal Data with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Rave Mobile Safety if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Rave Mobile Safety, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We attempt to notify our users about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request requires expedited attention. We may dispute such demands when we believe, at our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
The specific circumstances under which we may share your Personal Data will vary based on the information you provide, the Services you elect to participate in, and how you use the Services.
- Aggregate Site Use Information.Our Services may automatically collect usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Sites and users who use our Services. We use this information in aggregate form and not in a manner that would identify you personally. We may share aggregated and anonymized/pseudonymized Personal Data to advertisers and other third parties in order to promote or describe the use of the Sites.
Consequences of Your Failure to Provide Personal Data
Your provision of Personal Data is required in order to use certain parts of our Services. If you fail to provide such Personal Data, you may not be able to access and use our Services on our Sites or parts of our Services available via the Sites.
Our Retention of Your Personal Data
Your Choices Regarding Accessing, Updating or Deleting Your Personal Data
Whenever you use our Services, we aim to provide you with choices about how we use your Personal Data and provide you with access to your Personal Data. If that information is inaccurate, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. Subject to applicable law, you may obtain a copy of personal information we maintain about you, or you may update or correct inaccuracies in that information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that personal information, we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the How to Contact Us section below.
European Users’ Rights With Respect to Personal Data
- The right to be informed. You are entitled to be informed of the use of your Personal Data.
- The right of access. You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data which we hold about you.
- The right of correction: You have the right to request correction or changes of your Personal Data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to be forgotten: You have the right to request us, at any time, to delete your Personal Data from our servers and to erase your Personal Data when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data. Note, however, that deletion of your Personal Data will likely impact your ability to use our Services.
- The right to object (opt-out): You have the right to opt-out of certain uses of your Personal Data, such as direct marketing, at any time.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to a “portable” copy of your Personal Data that you have submitted to us. Generally, this means your right to request that we move, copy or transmit your Personal Data stored on our servers / IT environment to another service provider’s servers / IT environment where that is technically feasible.
- The right to refuse to be subjected to automated decision making, including profiling:You have the right not to be subject to a decision and insist on human intervention if the decision is based on automated processing and produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
As well, we encourage you to contact us using the contact information below, and we will consider your complaint in accordance with applicable laws.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
You may update or correct information about yourself by emailing us at email@example.com. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law, to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements or for other legitimate business purposes.
We may contact you to request that you update your Personal Data on a regular basis to ensure its integrity for the purposes of ongoing data management.
Our Opt-in/Opt-out Policy
By providing an email address or other contact information on the Rave Mobile Safety Sites, you agree (“opt-in”) that we may contact you to provide any Service-related notices, or to provide you with information about our events, invitations, or related educational information.
We currently provide the following opt-out opportunities:
- At any time, you can follow a link provided in offers, newsletters or other email messages (except for e-commerce confirmation or service notice emails) received from us to unsubscribe from the Service.
The Sites may contain links to web pages operated by parties other than Rave Mobile Safety. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to the User to take precautions to ensure that whatever links the User selects or software the User downloads (whether from this Site or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which the User will be subject to upon linking to the third party’s website. Rave Mobile Safety strongly recommends that each User review the third party’s terms and policies.
We are committed to complying with applicable laws, regulations and mandatory government standards regarding the protection of Personal Data.
If we transfer your Personal Data out of your jurisdiction, we will implement suitable safeguards and rely on legally provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders to ensure that your Personal Data is protected.
How We Protect Personal Data
Rave Mobile Safety maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the User’s Personal Data and information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, taking into account technological reality, cost, the scope, context and purposes of processing weighted against the severity and likelihood that the processing could threaten individual rights and freedoms. For example, we use commercially reasonable security measures such as encryption, firewalls, and transport layer security (TLS) or hypertext transfer protocol secure (HTTPS) to protect Personal Data. However, Rave Mobile Safety cannot guarantee the security of user account or other personal information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, could compromise the security of user information at any time.
If Rave Mobile Safety collects account information for payment or credit, Rave Mobile Safety will use the information only to complete the task for which the account information was offered.
The Site is not intended for use by children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data about visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child has provided us with Personal Data, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you are less than 13 years old, please do not register for our Services or provide any personal information about you to us. If you are less than 16 years old, also do not provide any personal health information about yourself to us. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13 or personal health information from a child under age 16 without proper consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on the jurisdiction, or personal health information from a child under age 16, in either instance without proper consent, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Direct Marketing and “Do Not Track” Signals
Rave Mobile Safety does not track its customers over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may include controls to block and delete cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to allow you to opt out of data collection through those technologies.
Privacy Rights Of California Residents
How to Contact Us
Rave Mobile Safety
492 Old Connecticut Path
Framingham, MA 01701
Toll Free: 888-605-7164