FRAMINGHAM, Mass.—September 22 2022 — Rave Mobile Safety, the trusted provider of technology solutions that enhance critical communications, increase resiliency, and improve safety, today announced the recipients of the company’s annual Trailblazer and SmartSave Awards who will be honored at Rave’s Annual Summit, taking place virtually September 27-29.
Awards to be presented at Rave’s Annual Summit, which brings together safety experts across industries to discuss pressing challenges and forward-thinking solutions
Since 2017, the Rave Trailblazer Award has formally recognized Rave customers who have gone above and beyond to provide a safe community through effective and innovative uses of technology. While all Rave customers dedicate themselves to their critical mission of protecting the populations they serve, these awardees have taken truly unique approaches to engaging with their communities and establishing collaborative partnerships that enhance safety. This year’s winners include:
- AstraZeneca for its work with Rave Alert and Rave Collaborate to improve and expand on workplace notification capabilities and create emergency task lists
- Jefferson County, CO, for protecting its residents and visitors by integrating public alert and warning systems with Smart911
- The Oklahoma State Department of Education which worked with Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt to sign a School Safety Executive Order requiring schools to deploy Rave Panic Button no later than September 1, 2022
- The University of Utah for implementing a color-coded “alert levels” process with Rave Alert.
“We hold ourselves to the highest standard when it comes to protecting our employees,” said Brooks Cucuel, senior director of Security & Business Resilience at AstraZeneca. “We worked with Rave to simplify and streamline our security practices to make communication more efficient in the event of an emergency. This collaboration has allowed us to have an intuitive system that is easy for our security personnel to use and ensures that everyone knows what they are responsible for. The result is quicker response and safer campuses for our employees.”
The SmartSave Award recognizes customers’ efforts to incorporate lifesaving technologies into their 9-1-1 emergency communication operations for their communities, using solutions like the Rave 911 Suite, Rave Panic Button, Rave Alert and Rave Guardian to positively impact emergency calls and response. This year’s winners include:
- Louisville (KY) Metro Emergency Services, whose implementation of text-to-911 got help to a woman in a domestic dispute involving a gun
- Coconino County (AZ) Emergency Management, which used Rave Alert to share details on a missing elderly gentleman with dementia, ultimately leading to the missing person being located
- Denver (CO) 9-1-1, whose use of Rave Chat allowed someone unable to speak during a violent situation to notify police and ultimately get out safely
- Snohomish County (WA) 9-1-1 which implemented Rave Panic Button and was able to get medical attention to an unresponsive student in a local school.
“Rapid intervention can be the difference between life and death,” said Kurt Mills, executive director for Snohomish County 9-1-1. “The Rave Panic Button plays an important role in all kinds of emergencies because it prompts teachers and faculty at the school who can often act or take steps before police, fire or EMS arrive. This situation plays out time and time again in our community including an incident when our staff recognized the need for CPR and an AED and were able to help save a life before the paramedics arrived. That kind of coordinated, early response between law enforcement, the school, and EMS makes all the difference in saving a life – and goes a long way in improving safety for the community.”
Rave Summit highlights need for collaboration and innovation when tackling new and old threats
The award winners will be recognized at Rave’s Annual Summit where approximately 1,500 attendees will hear from Rave customers and industry thought leaders about best practices. Speakers will share their experiences related to critical communication, operational efficiencies, and emphasize the need for all parties to collaborate. In addition to having two dynamic keynote speakers including Dr. Jillian Peterson who believes the best way to prevent violence is to deeply understand the life histories of people who commit it, the Summit will cover a wide range of topics, including:
- The ROI of Safety: Quantifying the expense of safety technology and other critical solutions can be an uphill battle. Hear how panel participants have justified spending and demonstrated the importance of protecting people.
- Intro to AppArmor: Acquired by Rave early in the year, AppArmor continues to impress higher education customers, corporate clients, K12 schools, and communities. Learn about the benefits of anonymous tipping, custom-branded apps, and other capabilities from one of AppArmor’s two co-founders.
- Rave Aware 101: Learn about new and noteworthy solution that is secure and interoperable. It is designed to help public safety agencies share data, speed response, and collaborate on incidents across jurisdictions.
- Mental health & LGBTQ youth: Suicide is the second leading cause of death among young people aged 10 to 24 and LGBTQ youth are more than 4 times as likely to attempt suicide than their peers. A separate session will cover the way telecommunicators and agencies approach mental health, are improving access, and removing the stigma going forward.
“With in-person interactions at work, school, and socially returning to pre-pandemic levels, we’ve unfortunately seen the return of old threats while simultaneously innovating for emerging hazards,” said Noah Reiter, SVP, customer success at Rave. “The winners of this year’s awards are effectively tackling both persistent challenges and new concerns by embracing change holistically, utilizing technology, and going above and beyond to serve their communities. They deserve our recognition and respect.”
About Rave Mobile Safety
Rave Mobile Safety is the leading provider of critical communication and collaboration technology used to save lives, manage crisis incidents, increase resiliency, and help with everyday emergencies and operational efficiencies. The Rave platform enables critical data sharing, mass notification and emergency response coordination. Rave has become the trusted communication and collaboration partner for more than 8,000 customers worldwide, 10,000 K-12 schools in the U.S., more than 75% of the nation’s higher education student population, a growing number of corporate and healthcare facilities, as well as the cities of Chicago and New Orleans; Suffolk County, NY, and the states of California, Arkansas, Delaware, Hawaii, Florida, Louisiana, New Mexico, and Oklahoma. Founded in 2004, Rave’s award-winning software solutions are backed by leading growth equity firm TCV. Let Rave enable you to do all you can today® to keep everyone safe. For more information, visit Rave Mobile Safety, read our company blog, and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.