In a world where everyone can be connected with the press of a button, social media is vital to safety and success in your community.
What is Social Media?
Social media is a collective term for websites and applications that focus on communication, community-based input, interaction, content-sharing, and collaboration. People use social media to stay in contact with friends and family, as well as find individuals with similar interests. Globally, over 3.6 billion people use social media, and the number is only projected to increase to 4.41 billion by 2025.
For business, social can be used as a low-cost marketing strategy, allowing brands to advertise their products and connect with potential customers. Social media allows customers to easily share feedback with a company. Businesses can efficiently address customer problems as well as rebuild customer confidence.
Facebook is a website and platform primarily used to share photos, videos, articles, music, and other media between connections known as “friends.” While many individuals use Facebook for their personal social media account, businesses and organizations also utilize the platform to establish brand awareness, advertise products, and more. Organizations use Facebook to connect with current and potential clients and customers, as well as steer traffic toward their websites.
On the Rave Mobile Safety Facebook page, we primarily share articles containing bylines from our Executive Team, webinar and event news, as well as product announcements. We connect with local communities and customers who use our services.
LinkedIn is a social media platform primarily used for career development and professional networking. The Rave Mobile Safety LinkedIn page is home to posts including company news, event announcements, and more. Rave employees share job listings to their networks and information about upcoming webinars or conferences.
On our page, you will find a list of our products and details about features. Under the job section, you will find open positions at Rave and job descriptions. Employees share job updates and openings, encouraging others to join our community. LinkedIn offers great opportunities for our team to connect with potential customers. We also share photos from events, general company news, awards received, and more.
On Twitter, users post and repost up to 280-word messages known as “tweets.” Most individuals use Twitter to stay connected with their followers by posting quickly and frequently. The platform allows users to receive news, stay in touch with friends, or even follow celebrity gossip. For organizations, Twitter can be immensely helpful for growing a following. Brands can advertise their products and services as well as connect with their audience on a more human level, using limited-character messaging.
The Rave Mobile Safety Twitter, or @RaveMSafety, shares industry articles, news, and sentiments from thought leaders in the emergency notification space. On our page, we participate in hashtags like #InternationalCoffeeDay and #NationalPetPreparednessDay sharing employee photos. During big events like #RaveSummit, you can find live tweets and contest announcements.
YouTube is a free video sharing website with more than 2 billion active users. Users can watch videos, share their own content, as well as comment, like, and subscribe to creators, videos, and channels. The Rave Mobile Safety YouTube channel shares videos that provide solutions to the various challenges we solve across verticals that we serve. Users can find content like event highlights and webinar recaps.
Challenges with Social
While there are almost endless benefits to social media, there are a few challenges as well:
- Your organization can receive negative feedback very publicly. While social media provides access to large audiences, this also means that more people can leave negative reviews and feedback.
- Oftentimes, social media marketing results are not instant. Social media campaigns are all about consistency, therefore it is not a quick marketing fix.
- Accounts can be hacked. Cybercriminals could hack social media accounts and seize personal information and more.
Benefits of Social
At this point, it is difficult to find a brand that is not represented on social media.
- Social Media allows organizations to reach large audiences. According to the Pew Research Center, seven-in-ten Americans say they ever use any social media site. This means that every user can reach many potential customers.
- Not only does social media give access to large audiences, but it gives direct access to the audience. This allows businesses to create meaningful relationships with customers and provide effective customer service.
- It is a low-cost marketing strategy. On most social media platforms, you can post organic content for free which opens many opportunities to connect to valuable leads.
- You can drive traffic to your website. Social media provides an excellent opportunity to drive traffic to your business’s website and any other company assets.
Are you following Rave Mobile Safety on Social Media?
If you are not following Rave Mobile Safety on social media, check out our pages! To find out more about how the Rave Platform can benefit your organization, do not hesitate to request a demo, or contact the Rave team.