Industry Leader Reports Schools in Michigan, Washington and Massachusetts First to Deploy Rave Panic Button; School Officials Hail Solution for Ability to Speed Response to Active Shooters and other Incidents
Rave Mobile Safety (Rave), the trusted software partner for campus and public safety, today announced availability of Rave Panic Button. Uniquely tying together 9-1-1, first responders and school personnel, Rave Panic Button shortens the time between the onset of an incident and the arrival of first responders on-scene, while improving collaboration during the critical first minutes, allowing for the fastest, most effective crisis resolution possible.
Safety is paramount at today's educational facilities and corporate campuses. Recent events – including numerous school shootings – have highlighted that rapidly providing accurate information to responders and enabling communication between all parties involved is critical to safely, quickly and effectively resolving incidents. Built on Rave's public safety grade infrastructure and unique capabilities to integrate with 9-1-1, the solution provides faculty, administrators and employees with a simple, direct and powerful connection to first responders through a "Panic Button" that leverages the ubiquitous mobile phone and existing emergency response communication systems.
"There is nothing more important than protecting our schools," said Police Chief Tom O'Loughlin of Milford, Mass. "Rave Panic Button provides a critical link between the communications center, school resource officers, school administrators and responders. It will save time in a response, give better situational awareness – and with the immediate availability of detailed caller location, floor plans, exit details and more – it will enable more precise and effective on-site action."
"Rave Panic Button makes it possible for school personnel and all law enforcement and 9-1-1 centers to get the same real-time information and data in an integrated format," said Everett Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning (Wash.), Dr.Molly Ringo. "This project brought together school personnel, law enforcement and 9-1-1 centers to collaborate on an effective emergency response system and approach across multiple organizations."
"We are committed to continuing to improve community safety by working in close partnership with school officials and first responders," said Kurt Mills, SNOPAC911 Executive Director (Wash.). "Rave Panic Button is the only solution we've seen that provides the immediate cross organizational communication needed to enhance our situational awareness and response during a school emergency."
Key Features of Rave Panic Button include:
- Provides direct connection between 9-1-1, emergency responders and the caller, leveraging the existing 9-1-1 infrastructure while automatically notifying key on-site resources.
- Automatically displays critical data such as detailed caller location, floor plans, emergency exits locations, emergency contacts, and key procedures to 9-1-1 and responders.
- Provides easy, scalable method for maintenance of facility/site emergency response information.
- Enables immediate, secure collaboration between responders and on-site personnel.
- Automatically notifies defined on-site personnel (e.g. security officer, maintenance, supervisors) of the Panic Button activation and when the call is answered at 9-1-1.
- Leverages the ubiquitous and familiar mobile phone and expands Panic Button coverage area to wherever a user might be.
- Supports Panic Button activation on any mobile phone, not just some smart phones.
- Unique method of providing communication with 9-1-1 from a mobile phone even when cell coverage is poor.
- Rapid installation without any required on-site hardware or software.
- Ease of set-up and training for users, as well as temporary site personnel.
"Rave's decade of experience delivering safety solutions for over 1,000 campuses, and hundreds of 9-1-1 and responder agencies, has given us a deep understanding of the technical and operational requirements needed to speed response to major incidents," said Tom Axbey, president and CEO, Rave Mobile Safety. "With Rave Panic Button, we've worked closely with our customers and leveraged that experience and our public safety grade infrastructure to create a unique and powerful solution to improve school safety."