FRAMINGHAM, Mass., January 17, 2019 – Rave Mobile Safety (Rave), the provider of critical communication and data platform solutions trusted to save lives, today announced several milestones and highlights from 2018. Some key accomplishments included the strategic acquisition of SwiftReach Networks, industry leading customer retention rates, the addition of over 1,100 new customers, and a 70 percent increase in the number of documented saves through Rave’s innovative 911 Suite.
“As safety threats continue to grow, our customers turn to us to provide solutions that help them better protect those who they are entrusted to protect,” said Todd Piett, president and CEO of Rave Mobile Safety. “The increase in school shootings, workplace violence and natural disasters highlights the immense challenges our clients face in protecting their constituents. In 2018, we made significant investment in people, processes and technology that our clients see as valuable in helping them address emergencies and improve communication, and we are excited by what they have been able to achieve with our solutions.”
Record Client Growth
Rave continued its rapid growth rate and is now trusted by over 4,000 contracted clients, representing thousands of end agencies and institutions across law enforcement, 9-1-1, state and local emergency management agencies, corporations, healthcare organizations, K–12 districts and colleges and universities.
Among hundreds of others, new and expanded relationships also include the City of Chicago, Washington D.C. Schools, the City of Cincinnati, Iowa State University and Suffolk County, NY. A newly added healthcare customer, Kevin McGinty, Safety and Emergency Management Coordinator at Middlesex Hospital in Connecticut, had this to say about entrusting Rave to deliver its emergency communications: “During times of crisis, patients, employees and the larger community expect hospitals to maintain operations without any interruption. By using the Rave platform, our emergency communications process operates smoothly, quickly and with minimal intervention."
Some accomplishments from 2018 include:
- Completed acquisition of SwiftReach networks, a leading provider of emergency notification and incident management solutions
- Won seven industry awards from American Security Today, FierceTelecom, the Southern Legislative Conference and Campus Security & Life Safety
- Sent over 1 billion messages across multiple modes of communication
- Added the industry’s only FCC-licensed carrier network to improve message delivery and throughput
- Processed over 32 million 9-1-1 calls, and was the largest provider of additional location data from key mobile device and operating system manufacturers
- Enabled over 4,400 Panic Button activations at K–12 schools, including medical emergencies, fires, assaults and active assailant notifications
- Sent 1,500 emergency notifications on average every day of the year
- Delivered six major product releases based on customer-driven innovations
- Continued year-over-year revenue growth of nearly 30 percent
Rave’s solutions helped to improve response times and reduce the impact of emergency events in thousands of incidents. We are continually amazed by the ways our customers are able to use Rave’s solutions to help residents, students and employees. Some examples include helping better identify and communicate with vulnerable needs populations during wildfires, facilitating evacuations during floods and hurricanes, soliciting anonymous tips about bullying or potential school threats, providing critical information on 9-1-1 calls, and enabling silent communication during domestic violence incidents. Read some of these amazing case studies on our website.