Rave Alert Launch Checklist
This checklist provides you with 4 steps to ensure a successful launch of Rave Alert to your community.
Return to main Government & Public Safety page.
Step 1: Internal Education & Support
- Before your public launch, ensure your internal staff is aware of your new Alert system and have signed up. Internal education is a great way to test messaging and the registration process.
- Gain support from safety agencies partners to help you reach your community
Step 2: Prepare Community Marketing
- If you are switching from alert system utilize your remaining minutes:
- Message current registrants to sign up for your new Alert system weeks before the switch
- Example text:
Effective <date>, <town/county> will replace its current alert system to <AgencyAlert>. To sign up, visit <website> or download the Smart911 App.
Step 3: Public Launch
- Issue press release
- Include quote from public official – Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of EMS or 9-1-1 Director
- Host press conference (if applicable)
- Engage Local Media
- Local TV
- Local Radio
- Local Newspaper
- Local Bloggers
Step 4: Get Social
- Engage with organization and community meetings
- Social Media
See additional Alert best practices here.
See all Alert Customize Your own materials here.
Contact our community marketing team dedicated to supporting your outreach efforts.
Book a meeting with Community Marketing Manager