The mobile app extension of Rave Alert allows businesses to easily communicate with employees through a single platform.
FRAMINGHAM, Massachusetts, September 20, 2018 – Rave Mobile Safety (Rave), a trusted partner for safety software protecting millions of individuals, has launched the Rave Guardian™ for Business mobile app, which equips employees with communication tools and resources to connect with their organization and be better prepared in the event of an emergency. Already a leading application for higher education, the technology is now available on the corporate level to provide a more effective way to connect and protect employees. The platform is an extension of Rave AlertTM, providing current and future customers access to both offerings in a single platform.
Today’s office environment is always evolving and can present unique difficulties for security staff, business continuity personnel and other professionals. Some businesses are located in numerous buildings or spread out through campuses, while their employees frequently journey from different locations, work remotely or travel internationally. In Rave’s recent survey examining employee perceptions on workplace safety, only 57 percent of respondents indicated their workplace had preparedness drills in place for events, such as hazardous materials incidents, weather alerts and active shooter incidents. Beyond that, only 37 percent of respondents said their workplace currently has a mass text message notification system in place.
“As the world around us continues to change, it’s more important than ever for companies to offer a solution to employees that ensures both their safety and peace of mind,” said Don Aviv, president of Interfor International, a global investigation and security consulting firm. “Employees should be focused on the task at hand and not doubt their company’s competence in communicating an emergency or offering tools to improve their safety.”
Rave Guardian for Business provides security staff, business continuity personnel and other professionals with the most efficient way to help employees in the event of an emergency, all through two-way communication, hosted resources and targeted notifications within a single platform. Additional benefits and features in the newest version of Rave Guardian include:
- Geo-targeted notifications: Send alerts to your employees based on their location, ensuring that remote or traveling employees are always informed in real time.
- Routable chats: Two-way communications can now be routed to different departments to ensure they’re only seen by the appropriate officials. In addition, departments can enable custom auto-responses when their offices are closed.
- Push notifications: Alongside SMS text and email capabilities, push notifications allow businesses to provide messages to employees through a Wi-Fi connection, even if they don’t have cell service, so they’ll always be informed about emergencies and other adverse situations.
- Easy access: In just two steps, anyone in your business is instantly authenticated and can register. With the app, employees can update their Rave Alert profiles and always keep their contact information up-to-date.
- Emergency call button: With a push of a button, employees can either directly connect to 9-1-1 or company security in an emergency. Even when they dial 9-1-1 from the app, the company security personnel is notified through the incident management console.
- Share key resources: The app can house emergency procedures, company schedules and other important information in a configurable content library to help employees stay safe and informed.
- Department directory and chats: Enable employees to easily find assistance and resources through a call directory of important numbers, such as the main switchboard and the travel department, that can be updated and added to in real time.
“In today’s world, it’s increasingly important for businesses to instill a feeling of confidence in their employees when it comes to emergency preparedness,” said Todd Piett, CEO of Rave Mobile Safety. “Rave Guardian for Business not only allows our customers to manage the company’s safety from a single platform, but places tools in the hands of each employee so that they can be engaged in their own safety.”To learn more about Rave Guardian for Business, watch this video or visit Booth #935.