What is Rave Aware?
Rave Aware is a secure cloud-based data aggregation platform that allows agencies to publish real-time Computer-aided dispatch (CAD) incident data in their preferred format for rules-based processing, notifications and permission-based cross-agency sharing.
Why is Rave Aware important?
- Sharing relevant CAD-incident data across jurisdictions or even within a region between agencies is difficult. Data definitions vary across CAD systems with no commonly adopted format and Point-to-Point CAD integrations are costly and fragile, breaking when any agency upgrades or modifies a component.
- CAD callouts or rules-based notifications support very limited use cases and are not public safety grade in reliability, resulting in either notification fatigue or unreliable service forcing dependence on other communication modes.
- Existing solutions for CAD interoperability are expensive. Many solution vendors have a vested interest in expanding the use of their systems instead of enabling true data sharing and interoperability either between other CAD systems or third-party tools.
- Procedures for managing complex incidents like mass casualties, school emergencies, and major fires live in binders, on paper checklists, or rely on memory which can result in missed steps or duplication of work during critical incidents.
What are the most popular features of Rave Aware?
- Web-based incident mapping
- Highly configurable data sharing controls
- Real-time CAD incident data search
- Ability to trigger multi-modal notifications based on CAD events
- Ability to trigger configurable workflows with checklists, automated reminders, and map markup based on CAD events
Can Rave Aware be customized to fit your specific needs?
Absolutely. Each agency configures which types of incidents they are comfortable sharing with specific other agencies, including which data fields they share for each type of incident. For example, an agency might want to share data about large structure fires and hazmat incidents, because they may call on their neighbors for assistance with them. But not share data about minor vehicle accidents that are unlikely to impact their neighbor.
Each customer can configure rules based on their own standard operating protocols to notify specific people or groups via Rave Alert when certain incidents occur. For example, automatically notify local hospitals when a mass casualty event occurs so they can prepare to receive large numbers of patients. Or trigger fully configurable workflows in Rave Collaborate with checklists, automated reminders, reference materials, and map annotation tools.
How can leveraging Rave Aware improve State & Local safety?
- Increased situational awareness across jurisdictions
- Improved officer safety
- Reduced time transferring calls or incident data between agencies
- Powerful rules-based notifications
- Support for expanded / alternate dispatch workflows
How can you best prepare for successful use of Rave Aware?
- Review your internal procedures or checklists for complex incidents like major fires, mass casualty incidents, missing persons, school emergencies. These can now be made digital and auditable and be activated automatically based on real-time CAD events.
- Start conversations with neighboring agencies – those you work closely with and have mutual aid agreements with. Discuss the kinds of incidents where your supervisors or telecommunicators are calling or radioing back and forth to inform or request assistance. Where could you use more visibility or proactive notifications? Where can you reduce time spent on the phone or tying up the radio?
Learn More Today
In these uncertain times, having the ability to seamlessly share CAD incident data between agencies is more important than ever. To find out more about how the Rave Aware can benefit your organization, do not hesitate to request a demo or get in contact with the Rave team.